Thursday, April 17, 2014

WHO AM I?



 Message on Thursday Night 4/17/14 by Shavonne Ramlall

Who am I?
One of life's many asked questions!

We all (or will)go through that stage in life where you are trying to find out who you are. Willing to do anything just to fit in

But what if I told you that trying to "fit in" wasn't the answer you were looking for? (Romans 12:2!)
What if I told you that the ONLY ONE who knew that answer was THE ONE that you were trying to avoid at all costs?

We serve a God who knows EVERYTHING about us! HE knew us even before we were born!

As it says in Jeremiah 1:5 Before I formed you in the womb I knew [and] approved of you [as My chosen instrument], and before you were born I separated and set you apart, consecrating you; [and] I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.

Isn't that the most beautiful thing that you've ever read?! We were all born for a purpose, God has an individual task for each and everyone of us! We were not placed on this earth without a reason!

So when the world asks you who you are, say I am an instrument for HIS special purpose!

To the world this body is nothing but flesh and bone, but to God this body is a place where his Holy Spirit can come and live!

As it says in 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 Do you not know that your body is the temple (the very sanctuary) of the Holy Spirit Who lives within you, Whom you have received [as a Gift] from God? You are not your own,  You were bought with a price [purchased with a preciousness and paid for, made His own]. So then, honor God and bring glory to Him in your body.

God chose us to be HIS living temples so HIS spirit can dwell! How AMAZING is that!?

So when the world asks you who are say, Stand up and say,  I am not my own I am Gods living temple for HIS Holy Spirit!

What's more great then knowing you have the power of Christ on your side? NOTHING! Jesus is EVERYTHING! HE is our MASTER!, OUR SAVIOUR! OUR BROTHER, OUR LORD HE IS EVEN OUR FRIEND!!

John 15:14-15 You are My friends if you keep on doing the things which I command you to do.  I do not call you servants (slaves) any longer, for the servant does not know what his master is doing (working out). But I have called you My friends, because I have made known to you everything that I have heard from My Father. [I have revealed to you everything that I have learned from Him.]
So when the world asks you who you are say, I am a friend of Christ!

Isn't it wonderful?!  Isn't HE wonderful?!

We serve a GOD who sent HIS one and only SON to come and die for us, the ungrateful people that we are! So that we can say "I am no longer a slave to sin; I have been set free from the law of sin and death!"

It was because of that sacrifice that I may now say that "I am a new creature in Christ that which is old has passed away"

We are all brothers and sisters in the body of Christ, called according to HIS PURPOSE, as it says in 1 Peter 2:9 But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a dedicated nation, [God’s] own purchased, special people, that you may set forth the wonderful deeds and display the virtues and perfections of Him Who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.

This exhortation was not just for me, but it is for all of us because we are a part of the body of Christ, and we should all be able to proclaim these following points with all of our hearts!
  • I am a member of the body of Christ!
  • I am a joint heir in Christ!
  • I am no longer a part of this world because I am a proudly declared citizen of Heaven!
  • I am redeemed and forgiven !

Because of that precious sacrifice I am no longer defined by what this world knew me as! Because of that precious sacrifice I have a new life in Christ, and my name is written in BLOOD, in the LAMBS BOOK OF LIFE!

To get this fully understood, I will put it in the best way I know possible! I wrote this part with all of us in mind, because we are all God's Children, and we ALL have a purpose! And It all started with one man, Who died on the cross 2,000 years ago!

Because of Jesus, I AM FREE!
Because of Jesus, sins chains have no hold on me!
Because of Jesus I am redeemed!
Because of Jesus my slate has been cleaned!
Because of Jesus! How many times must I say it?
Jesus' name in ITSELF is SO GREAT
there's even POWER When we PRAY in IT!

So much POWER that satan trembles!
So much POWER that demons HAVE to flee!
For when the name of THE LORD is called upon
There is NO captivity!

That graphic scene on Calvary was SO undeserving,
When Jesus died and gave up the ghost
It was for a purpose that HE was serving

So who am I ?
You want to know?
What is my purpose?
Intrigues you so?

Here I will put it in a few simple phrases
To God be the Glory and to Jesus my praises!
Even before  I was born HE had plans set in motion
Plans that assured HE had all my devotion

I am an instrument full of HIS purpose
True only to HIM and to HIS Service!
My body, HIS temple this I will cry
Shall stay true to HIM till I go HOME on HIGH!

Until that day comes, while I'm still here on Earth,
I will tell of the Gospel for all it is worth
Tell it far , tell it (world) wide
Go where no feet have dared to tread
FOR I'M A CHILD OF THE KING
And GOD IS NOT DEAD!

No comments:

Post a Comment